Re: Moving to bzr?

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Moving to bzr?
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 18:04:58 +0530

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Nick Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

>  > I will start posting the details and hope it helps in deciding using
>  > more scientific approach.
>
> Please don't.  RMS has stated on several occasions that the choice of VCS for
> Emacs development has been decided in favour of bzr i.e it's not up for
> discussion.

Well, if it has been decided to use bzr, why are not creating a mirror
on savannah. The same way we have git, we could have a CVS mirror
setup on savannah. The server used for git/cvs/bzr will be same (from
same pool) and we can eliminate network related issues. Once the
performance of bzr is found favorable enough, flip the switch to make
bzr primary and cvs as a mirror of bzr repo. I am not trying start a
discussion on VCS afresh but looking forward to putting an end by
having some official dVCS. I would like to ideally use one dVCS for my
official work and private hacking. I prefer to use what Emacs uses in
the long run and develop some expertise in that area.

Regarding posting the performance results, I will post it on a website
and just send a link to it once on this list, do not worry about me
adding extra bytes to the mailing list :)

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!