Re: Should `auto-fill-function' be a safe local variable?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should `auto-fill-function' be a safe local variable?
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 16:39:44 -0500

> I have to disable auto-fill-mode for one file and it seems setting
> auto-fill-function to nil in the file's local variables is a good
> way. However, since auto-fill-function is currently marked risky, it
> requires a confirmation each time the file is opened.

How do you confirm?  The confirmation dialog offers you to make your
choice stick, so that subsequent uses of this settings are accepted
without confirmation.  Did you use that?

> So should `auto-fill-function' be a safe local variable?

Of course not.  It's safe to set it to nil, but not to set it to some
arbitrary value such as (lambda (&rest) (wreak-havoc)).

        Stefan