Re: Should `auto-fill-function' be a safe local variable?

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Should `auto-fill-function' be a safe local variable?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:58:46 -0500

    I have auto-fill-mode enabled for all text modes however, there's one
    particular file that I got from someone else which I don't want
    auto-fill to happen.

The question is whether this is a matter of personal taste
or in some sense an objective statement about that particular file.
If the former, you should set up a text-mode-hook function to check
for that file.  If the latter, setting auto-save-function to nil
in that file's local variables list is the right solution.

What do that file's contents look like?