Re: IMAP and Exchange 2007 - imap-fetch-safe

From: Bjorn Solberg
Subject: Re: IMAP and Exchange 2007 - imap-fetch-safe
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:28:56 -0800

Reiner Steib writes:

> On Tue, Jan 13 2009, Dave Love wrote:
>> I'm afraid there's something wrong with my fix, but it seems to be
>> something like a race condition, and isn't consistently reproducible.

> Bjorn Solberg reported that the fix wont work for him too:
> See <news:address@hidden> on ding, or
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/68106/focus=68138
> where he posted the *imap-debug*" buffer.

Note that it's only upon startup I am seeing trouble.  Once Gnus has
started and displays the group list, I can

(setq imap-enable-exchange-bug-workaround nil)

and everything still works fine, albeit slow.  Fetching new mail and
using nnimap-split-inbox '("INBOX") and nnimap-split-rule processes
about 2s/header or 1/2 header/sec.  Thunderbird seems to open folders
and fetch headers from Exchange-2007 faster than Gnus also.  Using Gnus
and IMAP against GMail is fast though.

Bjorn.