Re: X resource leak?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: X resource leak?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:20:16 -0500

> On a emacs session that is running for 2 days with light usage, xrestop
> shows this:
>
> res-base Wins  GCs Fnts Pxms Misc   Pxm mem  Other   Total   PID Identifier
> 2c00000    99   43    1 11251 11297     2445K    269K   2714K  5460 Emacs:
> *svn-st
>
> For a previous session, after 20 days, the numbers were even higher
> (replace 11000 above with ~ 30000 pixmaps and misc objects).

I just fixed a small X resource leak in CVS, but I'm not sure that's
related to the numbers you're getting.  I have not able to induce a leak
of that magnitude.  For instance, even if I create lots of new frames,
closing those extra frames always brings the number of pixmaps allocated
back to its original value.

Could you do some experimentation to see what behavior is causing the
allocation of so many pixmaps?