Re: frame-environment

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: frame-environment
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:25:45 +0200

> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:08:54 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>
> What's the story with this function?  It doesn't exist, AFAICS, and
> its two uses (in `environment' and `read-envvar-name') are commented
> out.
>
> Without this function or something similar, the FRAME argument to
> `environment' has no effect.  Unless this is for future extensions,
> I'd suggest to remove it now, before it's too late.

In addition, the first part of this bit of `environment's doc string
is simply a lie:

    The list is constructed by concatenating the elements of
    `process-environment' and the 'environment parameter of the
    selected frame, and removing duplicated and empty values.

Unless someone intends to implement what it says before the release, I
suggest to remove the first part of this sentence from the doc string.