Re: bug#1405: detached GTK+ tool bar

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: bug#1405: detached GTK+ tool bar
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:24:50 +0100

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:46:27 +0100 Stephen Berman <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:50:22 +0100 Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Stephen Berman skrev:

>>> I'm using KDE/kwin and click to focus.  But I also see the same behavior
>>> (i.e. focus not returning to the window/frame the tool bar was detached
>>> from) with a focus follows mouse policy.
>>>

>> I've made a change, can you test it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>      Jan D.
>
> I just did, and confirm that focus now switches back to the frame after
> clicking a button on the detached tool bar.  Thanks!

I just learned about the variable x-gtk-whole-detached-tool-bar; when
this is non-nil and the tool bar is detached, focus fails to switch back
to the frame after clicking a button on the detached tool bar.  So your
fix does not work with x-gtk-whole-detached-tool-bar non-nil.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.29 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4) of
2009-01-11 on escher

Steve Berman