Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:55:05 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:48, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> This is not guaranteed according to MS documentation.
>
> With the patched version of Emacs+EmacsW32 this should work, but only
> if you follow the extra documentation there. Just setting
> w32-pass-[lr]window-to-system is not enough.

OK, let's say this: I set both variables to nil, I use lwindow for
super- modifier and rwindow for hyper- modifier, super- and hyper-
keybindings work OK, pressing lwindow or rwindow alone does not open
Start.

In fact, my whole w32 key-related config is:

  (setq w32-lwindow-modifier                  'super
        w32-rwindow-modifier                  'hyper
        w32-pass-lwindow-to-system            nil
        w32-pass-rwindow-to-system            nil
        w32-pass-multimedia-buttons-to-system nil)

If the OP sees something different, that seems like a bug (or a
feature) of EmacsW32.

    Juanma