Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:59:06 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:12, Lennart Borgman
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> No. I have said numerous times that this is a bug in Emacs. It might
>> work (as for you), but it is not guaranteed to do it.
>
> Doesn't seem to be many bug reports about it, so if this is a real
> problem, it's quite infrequent.
>
> But, in any case, if it *is* a real problem, please send a patch.
> AFAIR, you have a keyboard related patch, but it is not a bug fix; it
> adds functionality. Am I remembering correctly?

I have done several patches to the keyboard and menu code. The one we
are talking about here is a bug fix IMO.

At the moment I do not have time to dig out that part. I have spent
quite a lot of time trying to get this fix into Emacs, but the
resistance has been too strong for the limited time I have so I have
run out of time for this. (Feel free to grab the patch from my
patches.)

Beside this anyone who want this to work can use the patched version
of Emacs+EmacsW32. (If there is any bug there I will of course fix
it.)