Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:19:29 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 14:05, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:

> That is definitely an highly optimistic point of view.

Hmm... well, OK ;-)

> I've seen
> people here fighting to protect their bugs against fixes by any
> means including obviously false arguments or even loss in common
> standards of politeness.

I don't remember obviously false arguments (in the sense of the poster
knowing that they are false), though I've seen "loss [...] of
politeness" a few times.

> Reason seems to be that bugs like any code are considered copyrighted
> work and the only way for people to gain credit in an unpaid project is
> to see their work included in history.  And of course bugs will produce
> more feedback by far than something that works flawlessly.
>
> So why should anyone be interested to throw away own work that is so
> well suited to get attention of the world as are bugs?

Sorry, I'm unable to take such a cynical view of Emacs development.
Perhaps you're right by calling me "highly optimistic".

    Juanma