Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:12:05 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman wrote:
>>
>> At the moment I do not have time to dig out that part. I have spent
>> quite a lot of time trying to get this fix into Emacs, but the
>> resistance has been too strong for the limited time I have so I have
>> run out of time for this. (Feel free to grab the patch from my
>> patches.)
>>

> You have never once made the effort to separate out the bugfixes from your
> extensive patch that modifies a number of unrelated aspects of Emacs
> behaviour. Are you surprised that there is resistance when we always get
> told "take it all or sort through it yourself"?

I looked through what I wrote and maybe you are right, see this thread:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-01/msg01604.html

As you can see in this last message there where quite a few things fixed there.

I am not sure how to proceed. I think it all should go in one parcel.
You may of course have comments on my coding style etc. Feel free to
comment on that.

Since this has been in use for 3 y now I think it could be considered
rather stable.

The best way to get the patch now is from the patch I upload for
Emacs+EmacsW32. It is the files

  src/w32fns.c
  src/w32menu.c
  src/w32term.h
  w32-meta.el (new, not in the patch)

The latest patch is from 2009-01-15. The patches are here

  http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32/src/