Re: Moving to bzr?

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Moving to bzr?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:33:08 -0500

Jason Earl wrote:

>> I also think that it might be a good idea to wait for some of the
>> current repository format changes to land.  The new format in 1.9 is a
>> definite improvement, but I think that it would be wise to at least wait
>> until one of the rich-root variants becomes the default format.

Stefan Monnier replied:

>Based on the last discussion around rich-root becoming the default, I'd
>say "don't hold your breath".

Rich-root support is available today.  Any new bzr format will always be
rolled out accompanied by a rich-root variant.

That defaulting to rich-root may take bzr some time does that preclude
the emacs project from initializing its master repository as rich-root?
After that would not rich-rootiness simply propagate to new branches?

/john