Re: Please try Pmail

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Please try Pmail
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:12:52 -0500

>> I don't propose a hook, but a buffer-local *-function (as opposed to
>> *-functions or *-hook).  I.e. a single function, just like your
>> proposal, except it's stored in the final "returned" buffer, rather than
>> returned explicitly.
> You mean something like this?
[...]
> After `write-region' completes, Emacs calls the function stored in
> `write-region-post-annotation-function', once for each buffer that was
> current when building the annotations (i.e., at least once if
> `write-region-annotate-functions' is non-nil).  This function is called
> with no arguments, and with that buffer current.  */);

Well, that's a possibility.  You could also just say "run the
write-region-post-annotation-function of the last buffer" and let the
annotation code do the work of accumulating the intermediate
write-region-post-annotation-functions in the last buffer's
write-region-post-annotation-function.

After all, this corner case never happens AFAIK, so there's no point
spending much time on it.

        Stefan