Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 00:59:44 -0500

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>> Do we need to coordinate with Andreas to do the real-life conversion?
>> Andreas, if so, are you listening and willing?
>
> Doing the final git import is just a matter of minutes.  But it would be
> nice if people could review the history if any conversion mistake needs
> to be corrected (which is pretty easy with git).  Also, I'm also happy
> to import any other out-of-CVS history that can be meaningfully grafted
> into the git tree.

Thank you, Andreas!

I'll coordinate with Jason now, and assume you're watching the thread.
I think the general pattern here is going to be:

   - Get one more conversion (git & thence to emacs-merges bzr)
   - Spot-check it
   - Talk to savannah admins, make sure they're ready
   - Pick a flag day (one that works for both you and Jason, and that
     Stefan, Chong, RMS, and the group are comfortable with)
   - Convert on that day!

More in an upcoming followup to Jason's mail,
-Karl