Re: Pretest next week

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:16:56 +0900

>> Still the Cocoa/GNUstep port doesn't handle C-g properly.  I think
>> this issue should be addressed before the pretest because it is
>> expected to require nontrivial changes in its event handling part.

> That's OK, I think.  The code is definitely not frozen once the
> pretest starts.  But in any case, I urge you (or whoever is able to
> work on this) to do it ASAP.

My concern is that the lack of proper C-g handling for such a long
term may imply a problem in the fundamental design of the port.  Of
course, no one can be sure unless someone refutes it by actually
implementing it.  I think maintainers should set some time limit to
wait such an implementation, and IMO the beginning of the pretest is
the most appropriate timing.  Even if "nontrivial changes" is not
necessary as Adrian says, there should be enough time to test the new
code before the release.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden