Re: Functions in kill-emacs-hook aren't run if emacs gets killed with SI

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Functions in kill-emacs-hook aren't run if emacs gets killed with SIGTERM
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:52:51 +0200

> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:01:43 +0100
> From: grischka <address@hidden>
> CC:  address@hidden
>
> > On balance, I would leave things as they are, i.e. don't run
> > kill-emacs-hook when we get SIGTERM.  After all, we are being killed,
> > so only the minimum necessary cleanup should be in order.
>
> That seems to me like a quite twisted argumentation to say that
>       "kill-emacs-hook"
> should NOT be run because
>       "After all, we are being killed ...".

That's a perfect example of twisting someone else's argument by taking
it out of context and removing a few words.

> Btw, with SIGINT emacs (GTK) quits like this
>       Fatal Error (6)Abort
> Is this a bug?

If that's the result of "kill -INT" from the shell prompt, then Emacs
should shut down.  Sounds like somewhere along the shutdown procedure
it hits a call to `abort'.  A backtrace would help.