Re: Pretest next week

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:51:46 +0000 (UTC)

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu <at> math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp> writes:

> My concern is that the lack of proper C-g handling for such a long
> term may imply a problem in the fundamental design of the port.  Of
> course, no one can be sure unless someone refutes it by actually
> implementing it.

I won't dispute the second sentence, but the lack for a long term is simply
because I've never found it a problem in my own usage patterns, and users
haven't been particularly vocal in complaining about it either.  There have
been other priorities.  But it's top of my list now.

BTW, the one other major gap in the port is dumping under GNUstep.  I posted a
suggestion for this a while ago, which came down to adding some
zone-allocation functionality to unexelf.c/NS_IMPL_GNUSTEP paralleling
unexmacosx.c.  If anyone is running under GNUstep and would like to take a
crack I can provide further advice offline.