Re: Pretest next week

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:57:00 +0000 (UTC)

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu <at> math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp> writes:

> > What is "improper" in how C-g is handled on Cocoa?
>
> It makes almost all uses of QUIT macro throughout the source code
> meaningless.

Hi,

Do you have any technical suggestions as to how to handle it given
that SIGIO seems not to be available?  As I posted, polling (keyboard.c
start_polling(), stop_polling(), etc.) seems not to happen through
the QUIT macro (perhaps it did at one time but the functionality was
lost after all terms went to SIGIO-based?).

One thing that would work would be to update the polling timer inside
the QUIT macro (under HAVE_NS of course), so that poll_for_input()
would eventually get called.  But I don't know if there are reasons
this would be dangerous or something, or if there would be another way.

thanks,
Adrian