Re: C-n and C-a

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: C-n and C-a
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 02:25:17 -0500

    > * Make M-{ and M-} treat each line as a paragraph.  That would be the
    > right thing for them to do in such text.  This would require either a
    > minor mode or detecting long-line text heuristically.

    I wouldn't like that, because it would require that texts one writes
    have to obey the convention that each paragraph has to be on one line.
    Especially when working with others this cannot be enforced while an
    empty line to mark paragraphs in pretty standard.

You're right; however, it's also true that some text represents each
paragraph as a single long line and the only indicator of the
paragraph boundary is the newline character.