Re: Pretest next week

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:44:05 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:29:01 -0500
>
> Barring unforseen circumstances, I will roll the 23.0.90 pretest on
> Sunday, the 1st of February.

Bug #970 is still not fixed, as of today's CVS.  Is someone working on
it?  I don't think we can release Emacs 23 with this problem.

Also, I think we need to start the docs reviewing process ASAP.  Emacs
23 changes a lot, so finding all the obsolete and/or incorrect places
in the docs will take some time.  For past major releases, we used to
have at least 2 different people proofread each portion of the 2 main
manuals, so I think we need to have in admin/ some record of who
proofreads what.