Re: C-n and C-a

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: C-n and C-a
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:07:38 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The new definitions of C-n and C-p seem to work reasonably
>> conveniently with the very long lines that non-Emacs-users often
>> write.  However, it is very counterintuitive that C-a and C-e have not
>> been changed in the same way.  They keep surprising me, and I have to
>> work hard to remember not to use them to do the natural thing.
>
>> I think they too should be changed to operate on screen lines;
>> that's a necessary part of the change that was already made.
>
> How about C-k?

I would strongly vote for not changing it:

Most over-long lines I encounter are made of content which really
belongs logical together (generated code, log messages ...)

I expect C-k to kill a logical line and doing otherwise would keep the
risk of leaving artifacts.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
"The primary difference [...] is that the Java program will reliably