RE: tags for functions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: tags for functions
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:02:44 -0800

> > 1. When the thing documented in *Help* is also in the
> >    manual, then we have a link to the manual from the *Help* buffer.
>
> We can get pretty close to that already with info-lookup-symbol.
> It'd probably be a good addition (for post-23.1, obviously).
>
> > 2. The manual should have such a `See also' cross
> >    reference, if any place should.
>
> Not sure what you're saying here.

Only that the manual already takes care of this need, to some extent, for
functions that are documented there: *Help* gets you to where the function is
documented in the manual, and a cross-ref in the manual can then take you to doc
for related functions, when that's appropriate.

(But, as mentioned, going through the manual adds indirection, and it doesn't
help for functions that are not in the manual.)