Re: New paren matching feature request

From: A. Soare
Subject: Re: New paren matching feature request
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 03:16:55 +0100 (CET)

It's a question of belief to decide whether the code of indetation as
local-parsing or as a sum is better; I ask myself what is the process of
forming of the belief.

In the last past 20 years at least, in the Museums of Egypt the great finger
from the hands of the statues dissapeared and continue so. The experts in
religious sectes asked themselves why. They found out the answer: the egyptians
believe that the soul get out from the statues and can be dangerous. They
believe that it can hurt peuple with his hands.

§

Today during the lunch I made an exeperiment at the restaurant:

I asked somebody whether a hand without the great finger can hurt somebody. He
said: "Yes, quite so!". He was right. Then I took a knife and hit the table
with its top. (without using the great finger). And I saw that the hand without
the great finger can be dangerous.

Why the egyptians believe such a thing?

> Message du 31/01/09 à 02h39
> De : "Stefan Monnier" <address@hidden>
> A : address@hidden
> Copie à : address@hidden, address@hidden
> Objet : Re: New paren matching feature request
>

> > I have a feeling that the right way to do this kind of colorization
> > is through Font Lock mode, and that the hardest part of the job
> > is hooking it up to the structure of jit-lock.
>
> I agree and I also think that Alin's right in that the best way to do it
> is via parse-partial-sexp (suitably enhanced if/as needed).
> Font-lock-mode already uses parse-partial-sexp to do
> comment&string highlighting.
>

>         Stefan

Écoutez en un clic votre musique préférée et découvrez de nouveaux titres en
affinité avec vos goûts sur http://musiline.voila.fr