Re: VC Development

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: VC Development
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:41:51 -0500

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> This change fixed bug#1098 which I reported in October of last year where I
> say:
>
>    In vc-directory, mouse-2 on a [file] toggles the mark.  This is
>    unintuitive and inconsistent with with PCL-CVS and Emacs general
>    use of mouse-2 to link to something else.  It should visit the file
>    at that point in another buffer.

Aha, I remember this bug.

The problem, I think, is that selecting files is so important in vc-dir
that there should be an easy way to do it with the mouse.  However, it's
true that mouse-2 ought to visit files.  The proper approach is probably
to tweak the vc-directory interace slightly, adding a check-box on each
line that toggles whenever you click on it.