Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:22:56 -0500

Glenn Morris wrote (on Sun, 1 Feb 2009 at 21:20 -0500):

> Since we assign bugs to both the emacs _and_ the rmail package, does
> this mean we will start getting two copies of things? I regret to say
> I am confused.

I think Jason had it right:

    For other sub-packages that come under the umbrella of the emacs
    developers, we have assigned bugs to "emacs,PACKAGE", so that the
    sub-package can be used as a filter in the web interface, but the emacs
    maintainers continue to be kept in the loop.

    [...]

    People don't file bugs against those packages, since the only address
    for filing bugs is for emacs. But they might get reassigned later.