Re: replacing python.el

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: replacing python.el
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:43:14 -0500

      However, I don't think it's worth
    worrying about it on the basis of someone who's so far quoted some
    duplicated keybindings, and a Fixme comment that was clearly mine, as
    evidence of all this copied code.  If Emacs developers are worried,
    please contact me more privately.

Those facts give us no reason to be concerned legally about your code.

I also have no opinion about whether we would prefer to use
python-mode.el, python.el, or some combination of the two.
(I have never used either one, since I don't know Python.)
That question is up to the Emacs maintainers, Stefan and Yidong.