Re: end-of-defun acts weirdly in c-mode; also, mark-defun in c-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: end-of-defun acts weirdly in c-mode; also, mark-defun in c-mode
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:17:06 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> 3 (defun foo ()
> 4   (bar))
> 5
> 6
>
> , C-M-e moves point to BOL 5.

Yes

> 3 int foo ()
> 4 {
> 5     return bar () ;
> 6 }
> 7
> 8
>
> , C-M-e moves pointo to BOL 7.  Honest, I've just tried it, with CVS from
> a few days ago, with -Q.  That looks consistent to me.  I must have
> missed something, somewhere.

For me, with emacs -Q, and from-CVS-as-of-this-morning, point always
moves to BOL 8.  I've tried it on a bunch of different C files, and it
always does the same thing.  If there is no blank line at 7, then it
will stop at BOL 7 though.

Could you it try again after updating from CVS?  Maybe it's a recently
introduce bug...

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.