Re: end-of-defun acts weirdly in c-mode; also, mark-defun in c-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: end-of-defun acts weirdly in c-mode; also, mark-defun in c-mode
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:23:58 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> I start it with emacs -Q.  Regardless of whether there's a blank line at
> L7 or not, I cannot get C-M-e to go anywhere but BOL 7.
>
> Would you please send me your foo.c as an attachment, tell me where to
> put point so that C-M-e will fail.  Thanks!

I've attached a file "bug.c".

     (1) Start "emacs -Q"

     (2) Visit "bug.c"

     (3) Put point at the beginning of the first line marked with a comment

     (4) Hit C-M-e

     (5) Point jumps to the beginning of the line which starts defining
         "fun3" (also marked with a comment)

Thanks,

-Miles

Insurrection, n. An unsuccessful revolution.