Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:57:26 +0100

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Gilaras> * official support 2: having a mode for emacswiki that is
> Gilaras> _installed by default_, more than just webjump and some ERC
> Gilaras> functions. It could be just oddmuse.el, pointing to emacswiki
> Gilaras> by default.
>
> I'm still willing to assign package.el -- the basis for ELPA -- to the
> FSF, if there is interest.
>
> Currently the server side of ELPA is not very open; all submissions go
> through me.  This is something we could change, though.

Hi Tom,

ELPA  is a valuable thing.
I thought at snippets, untested, whatever. Only to use from people,
who are able to read the code and have some impression, what might
happen if its run.

ELPA provides extensions, a quite different thing. Thanks BTW.

> While I think the Emacs Wiki is an awesome resource, I am wary of
> hooking it directly to Emacs.

Precisely. Thanks for the clarification. Got a lot of tips and things from
there, but
always had a look before running the stuff. And still I may have overseen
something.
A wiki is dangerous, I'm surprised it works that well so far.

In my view the risk of trojans is too