Re: Pretest next week

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:08:55 +0000 (UTC)

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu <at> math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp> writes:

> I thought it's shameful for Emacs to include a port that doesn't
> handle C-g properly as a part of its official release.  Also, I was
> not suggesting the removal of the port from the whole CVS branches.

I believe it is working 100% now.  Please report any specific failure cases
you find through report-emacs-bug

The cost of the implementation has been that are some cases where menus are not
updated when clicked on; specifically, when ns_read_socket is called
asynchronously through handle_async_input or poll_for_input_1 (depending if
SYNC_INPUT is enabled), the menu update must be deferred.

I believe the effect of this on user experience will be rare to almost
nonexistent in practice, but let's find out empirically.  If it is a problem
there are a couple of approaches that could be tried, but I'd rather prioritize
other issues for now unless it proves to be a problem in actual use.