Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 12:28:07 -0500

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm puzzled because, as far as CVS is concerned, there really was a
>> change here: on the 'lexbind' branch, lisp/cua-start.el received a
>> change in revision 1.50.2.39, and that change was a result of
>> "Merge from emacs--devo--0".
>
> That's only because CVS has no way to represent merges.  The real change
> happend on the master branch.

Okay, this puzzle has been solved: that change was a merge to the
'lexbind' branch, and indeed, I've found it in Bazaar in that branch.
Sorry for the noise.

Continuing my conversion spot-check, I've uploaded the results so far:

  http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel/emacs-bzr-switchover/sanity-checks.txt

(76 KB, a bit large for the mailing list maybe.)

Results so far: individual changes seem okay, but there are some
problems with branches and tags.

It looks like not all CVS tags are present.  Some of those might be
branch-point tags (and thus unnecessary in git or bzr)... but how the
conversion would recognize them as such I don't know.  And it's a lot of
tags missing: like, 224 of them.

As for branches: all the CVS branches appear to be present in Bazaar,
but there are still a few questions.

Jason, Andreas, and anyone else, if you could take a look in that file
and offer your thoughts, I'd appreciate it.  The strings to search for
are:

   "Spot-check a branch-sync change."

   "Check that all tags are present."

   "Check that all branches are present."