Re: configure.in support for FreeBSD ia64/sparc64/powerpc

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: configure.in support for FreeBSD ia64/sparc64/powerpc
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 07:37:20 +0100

>> It would be nice if this can go in before the pretest. When the
>> pretest is out, I will update the editors/emacs-devel port to use
>> the tarball of the pretest instead of the current old CVS snapshot.
>> If the patch goes into CVS we can finally remove it from the
>> FreeBSD-specific patches :-)

> Checked in, thanks.

As I see, with a conditional for __sparc64__ only (which is the right
thing in my opinion).

However, one week later there is the following commit:
<http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/src/alloc.c?root=emacs&r1=1.446&r2=1.447>

So was there really a problem with this on non-BSD platforms?
(I'm just curious.)

Ulrich