Re: configure.in support for FreeBSD ia64/sparc64/powerpc

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: configure.in support for FreeBSD ia64/sparc64/powerpc
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 06:20:42 -0800 (PST)

<http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/src/alloc.c?root=emacs&r1=1.446&r2=1.447>

  > > So was there really a problem with this on non-BSD platforms?
  > > (I'm just curious.)
  >
  > Dan, did you see any problem with this patch on non-BSD platforms?

Didn't we have a long discussion about this and the last version of the
patch from Ulrich is cited here:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/108082

anything happened to change the results of that discussion, do we want
to start it again?