Re: Pretest next week

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:39:42 +0200

On Feb 5, 2009, at 1:43 PM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 00:40:10 -0500, Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> said:

I thought it's shameful for Emacs to include a port that doesn't
handle C-g properly as a part of its official release.  Also, I was
not suggesting the removal of the port from the whole CVS branches.

I believe it is working 100% now. Please report any specific failure cases
    you find through report-emacs-bug

Thank you.

That's actually a way I didn't adopt because it confuses the user: it
shows empty menu items if the user clicks the menu bar at the timing
of a read_socket_hook call from a QUIT macro in the context of process
filters or idle timers.

In the current implementation it does this only if menus have not been clicked on before (else the previous items, albeit out-of-date ones) are shown. This is better than nothing, though it should be better. However I'm not really sure how often this "clicks the menu bar at the timing of a read_socket_hook call from a QUIT macro" occurs in practice. Anyway, what about the second-thread approach like W32, are there any gotchas you know about?