Re: funny cursor movement using C-f on composition?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: funny cursor movement using C-f on composition?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:14:14 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> With the following string displayed in an emacs buffer:
>    ya?????h!

I once read the above line correctly by rmail, but, when I
resarted Emacs and read that mail, the non-ASCII chars in
the above line were changed to just "?????".  It seems that
that change was done when RMAIL file was saved.  So I got
the correct line from gmane.emacs.devel by Gnus as this:

   yá̧̗̂̄h!

Anyway, it seems that there's still a bug in composition
handling.  I'll check it.

By the way, the mail archive for emacs-devel also has a
problem with those characters.  Please see this page:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-02/msg00322.html

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden