Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2009-01-24; RefTeX documentation needs update

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2009-01-24; RefTeX documentation needs update
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 12:09:20 +0100

* Uwe Siart (2009-02-08) writes:

> I just follow the advice from the AUCTeX website to report RefTeX stuff to the
> AUCTeX lists. So I hope this is not OT.
>
> The info node (info "(reftex) Key Bindings") does not reflect that the extra
> binding prefix has been changed to "C-cC-y". Therefore at a first glance one
> might think that reftex-extra-bindings is broken in Emacs 23.

The bindings haven't changed in the standalone version of RefTeX, only
in Emacs.

I will not port this change to the standalone version because it misses
the point of `reftex-extra-bindings' deliberately putting the bindings
into the user's `C-c <letter>' key binding domain.  I'd rather ask the
Emacs maintainers to back out the change in the Emacs repository.

--
Ralf