Students and mentors for SOC2009

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Students and mentors for SOC2009
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:39:49 +0100

  Now we have in [1] some ideas and in [2] some firmer proposals for Google's
program Summer Of Code

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SummerOfCode2009
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas.html

  Apart from just ideas, we need persons:

  If you are a student and want to do something in Emacs, you don't have to
wait for the offer to appear. Find by yourself a person who could help you in
it, and ask him/her if they can be mentor of your project. Maybe they accept.

  If you are experienced, would like to offer help, and would like to have some
functionality completed by others: offer projects about them.

PS:  Of course, this can also be done in any time of the year, but with SOC
there's more momentum.