Re: buffer-swap-text and multibyteness

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: buffer-swap-text and multibyteness
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:29:43 +0200

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:31:00 +0900
>
> But, for instance, one edits a mail of:
> and inserts a non-latin-1 character, we must use the
> different encoding (utf-8 or the one selected by
> select-message-coding-system), and modify content-type:
> header.

Did you try rmail-redecode-body after editing?

Anyway, I don't think the Babyl Rmail handled such a use case
correctly, either.  Why would one wish to insert a character into a
message that cannot be encoded in the message's charset?  What would
be the reason for such strange editing?  All the use cases I can think
of should be covered by rmail-redecode-body, which is The Right Way of
changing the encoding of a message.