Re: Recognize mbox files?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Recognize mbox files?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 23:35:49 +0100

On Mon, Feb 09 2009, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I think it happened because you first visited the mbox file normally,
> and then switched on rmail-mode.  The ``usual'' way to invoke Rmail on
> a file is to type
>
>    C-u M-x rmail mbox-test.org RET
>
> from within Emacs.  One difference is that "M-x rmail" visits the file
> in a unibyte buffer, unlike "C-x C-f" or "emacs mbox-test.orig".

I repeated the test (with a two days old Emacs from CVS):
`C-u M-x rmail RET mbox-test.rmail2 RET' (then `C-x C-s', `C-x C-c').
The diff between the original file and mbox-test.rmail2 is the same.

After cvs update and make, I only get the additional
X-RMAIL-ATTRIBUTES headers like you described.

Even if rmail-mode only adds these headers, we should *not* enable the
mode by default for mbox files.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,