Re: C-n and C-a

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-n and C-a
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:01:27 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
> There are also two other ways to mitigate the word-wrap problem in Dired:

3.  Add a wrap-prefix that indents the wrapped lines a lot so that
they're in the filename column (maybe indented extra within that
column).

> For the same reason I think we should not set word-mode in
> visual-line-mode.

This seems bizarre -- AFAICS, like 95% of the goal of visual-line-mode
is to make it easy to enable a word-wrapped mode for editing
paragraphs-end-in-newline text (i.e., a display-time version of
longlines-mode).

-Miles

--
Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.