Re: Modifier state?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Modifier state?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:34:04 -0500

On 13 Feb 2009, at 20:43, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Do we have a way to detect the modifier state from the Lisp level, or bind
commands to modifier state changes?

No.

I did some simple experiments with it, in order to get events like
<control> and <down-control> (which actually were <down-control> and
<C-control> because when the release event is received, the modifier
state is not yet cleared).  I did get it to work OK without too much
trouble (mostly I had to add some function-key-map entries to drop those
events when not bound, and I had to rework C-q so that it waits for
a "real" key press rather than stopping at the <down-control>), but
haven't investigated much further.

And I guess there's a bit of port-specific work involved, too.
It would be excellent to have this post-23.1.