Re: perhaps help out some??

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: perhaps help out some??
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:06:51 -0500

> thanks much for emacs.  I've used it for a lot of stuff,
> but only now may be trying to actually learn it well...

> don't (yet) know a lot about elisp, but is there something
> you might suggest to help you guys that wouldn't be
> really time-consuming??

As you may know, we're in the pretest phase for Emacs-23.1
Other than just using the pretest to try and find the remaining bugs,
you can help us update the manuals.  For that, just pick a chapter of
the Emacs manual (and/or the Elisp manual), read it through and try to
make sure that all it says is still true, and also that it doesn't
forget to say something that is now true.  Reading etc/NEWS is
a prerequisite, of course.

Once you've done that, please send us an email telling which chapter
you've proofread, together with the problems you've found in it (which
may be "none", but we still want to know you've proofread it).

        Stefan