Re: rmail-toggle-header problem

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: rmail-toggle-header problem
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 00:29:30 -0500

(These things will be more traceable and less likely to be overlooked
if you report them as bugs.)

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> When toggled, there's no empty line between header part and
> body part like this:
>
> [...]
> Sender: address@hidden
> Hi,
> omake prints progress bar using the usual ^M terminal trick.
> [...]

I think an example rmail file is needed, please. I tried to reproduce
this using the quoted message from emacs-devel but could not. (Note
that rms made some changes in this area very recently.)

> And, the first "From ..." line is also shown.  Shouldn't
> that line be hidden?  At least, C-c C-y (mail-yank-original)
> signals this error:
>
> Mail header "From harsh..." doesn't conform to RFC 822. skipping...

How are you getting that error? "doesn't conform to RFC 822" only
seems to be found in supercite. Arguably, supercite should be changed
instead to be more forgiving.