Re: request: make-frame-visible hook

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: request: make-frame-visible hook
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:28:07 +0900

Lynbech Christian <address@hidden> writes:
> Alternatively you can consider using post-command-hook, this is run all
> the time and this particular problem should not pose a performance
> problem.

Using post-command-hook _will_ pose a performance problem if everybody
and their dog gets in the habit of using it... unfortunately, this seems
to be happening already.

Please do not use post-command-hook if you can help it.  We don't want
to encourage its use.

-Miles

--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff