Add "lisp/term/screen-256color.el" for GNU Screen's 256 color mode?

From: Presto Ten
Subject: Add "lisp/term/screen-256color.el" for GNU Screen's 256 color mode?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 01:12:37 -0800 (PST)

Last year Trent W. Buck posted to emacs-devel notes about GNU Screen's 256
color mode and Emacs. To have Emacs recognize the "screen-256color" terminal
and its full range of colors, the file "term/screen-256color.el" needs to be
in the load path. Trent wrote as follows:

> So you need a file term/screen-256color.el in your load-path.  Emacs
> 22 expects it to contain a terminal-init-screen defun.  Emacs 21
> expects it to contain a bunch of top-level forms.  Here's what I use::
>
>     ;;; This is for GNU Emacs 22
>     (defun terminal-init-screen ()
>       "Terminal initialization function for screen."
>       ;; Use the xterm color initialization code.
>       (load "term/xterm")
>       (xterm-register-default-colors)
>       (tty-set-up-initial-frame-faces))

(Full message at
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-screen%2C-256color-mode-and-ssh-p15099410.html)

Could this be added as "lisp/term/screen-256color.el" to Emacs CVS, so it
works out of the box for everyone? Having 256 colors in the terminal as
opposed to 8/16 makes a world of difference in code coloring.

(Note: GNU Screen must be compiled with --enable-color256 and have "term
screen-256color" in "$HOME/.screenrc" for 256 colors to be used.)

Presto