Re: rmail-toggle-header problem

From: Chetan Pandya
Subject: Re: rmail-toggle-header problem
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:18:06 -0800 (PST)

> I'm not sure that yanking from the full headers makes a lot of sense,
>     though. Eg it includes the X-RMAIL headers in the yank. Would you ever
>     want to include the full headers (all the Received: etc) in a reply?
>
> I doubt it, but this combination ought to do what is natural in the
> circumstances, which is to yank the headers that are visible.
> To do otherwise would require artificially filtering them in a second place.
>
>  if the user asks for it, we may as well do what he asked for.

Personally, I don't find it terribly important.  Just as it is possible to trim
the message content to reply only a part of the mail, it would be possible to
remove the headers as well, if not required.

I am also in favor of continuity with existing behaviour, unless there is a
good reason not to.

Chetan