Re: DocView ?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: DocView ?
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:45:31 +0100

"David A. Cobb" <address@hidden> writes:

>>> So, please, where do I find the code libraries and the documentation
>>> for this capability?
>>
>> Type "C-h f doc-view-mode RET", then click on the link to the sources
>>in the *Help* buffer, and read there.
>>

> Thank you much.  From the code comments, this appears to be a
> work-in-progress.  Is that so?

As you say you use 23.0.60.1, then maybe yes.  And if your emacs doesn't
come with the info pages (info "(emacs)Document View"), then
definitively yes.  At that time it was work in progress.

Today (with emacs HEAD from CVS) it's quite mature, well documented and
usable.  Emacs 23.1 is coming...

Bye,
Tassilo