Re: new compile.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: new compile.el
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:46:01 -0400

>> I'm guessing that you're talking about the error-regexp code that's in
>> emacs/lisp/progmodes/vhdl-mode.el.  Looking at it, I do not quite
>> understand what the code is meant to do:
>> vhdl-compile-use-local-error-regexp sets error-regexp-alist in the
>> vhdl-mode buffer rather than in the compilation buffer.
> Looks like that's the problem.  It worked before though.

You mean in Emacs-21, right?  compile.el hasn't been changed much in
Emacs-23, IIRC.

Indeed, I now see that Emacs-21's compile.el explicitly copied the
error-regexp-alist setting from the calling buffer to the
compilation buffer.  I guess it might make sense to do that as well in
the new compile.el.  Daniel, could you look into it?

> Now variable compilation-file-regexp-alist also doesn't exist anymore,
> so I guess I would have to rewrite the whole compilation section of
> vhdl-mode.

IIRC you can just place the corresponding entries onto
compilation-error-regexp-alist.

        Stefan