Re: changing multiple-value calls in emacs code.

From: Dave Goel
Subject: Re: changing multiple-value calls in emacs code.
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:57:25 -0400

I can now assure that no function in emacs tries to pass out multiple
or zero values.  [not even floor* etc. which always passed
lists.].. In other words, no function invokes either (values) or
(values-list) to pass out values.

Conversely, nowhere in the entire emacs does any code expect multiple
or zero values from another function.

The latter, except for immediate self-contained invocations, such as
        (multiple-value-setq (a b) (values-list <fn>))
where <fn> returns a list such as (1 2) and *not* (values 1 2).

So, if we want to install a better implementation of multiple values,
now's the time ;-) ..