Feature request: dired-open-marked-files

From: Vivek Dasmohapatra
Subject: Feature request: dired-open-marked-files
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 01:26:08 +0000 (GMT)

This request came up recently in #emacs and I'm told it has come up before:
There didn't seem to be a canned way to do this, so I came up with:

(defun dired-open-marked-files ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((distinguish-one-marked nil))
    (mapc 'find-file
          (dired-map-over-marks (dired-get-file-for-visit)
                                current-prefix-arg))))

I haven't looked into this in any great detail, so there may be a better
or more obvious way to do it, but I thought the functionality at least
would make a handy addition to dired.